Ultraceuticals Skincare Review
Ultraceuticals are a line of cosmetic skincare products created by Dr Geoffrey Heber in 1998. These products have been recommended by medicine and beauty professionals. Ultraceuticals were created to work better than currently available over the counter beauty products. They were also meant to help patients maintain their results after undergoing cosmetic procedures. Each product is created, tested, and sold to the market once it shows it can achieve the results it was created for. As of now, Ultraceuticals products are available in all Australian territories as well as Russia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Greece.
A team of Australian and international chemists are in charge of the creation of Ultraceuticals products. The company also collaborates with universities and researchers in order to create and test its products. All products in the Ultraceutical brand are cruelty free and do not contain parabens, glycol, propylene, petroleum, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances and dyes, and harsh chemicals.
The main of Ultraceuticals is to provide skin products with a focus on anti ageing, hyperpigmentation, and acne treatments. Part of the way they became focused on these issues is because of Australia’s high incidences of skin cancer, which causes concerns with those who experience premature ageing due to Australia’s climate.
Some of the targeted skin conditions in the Ultraceuticals line of products include:
- Facial Redness
- Hyperpigmentation, age spots, and blotchiness
- Course texture and dull skin tone
- Acne & congestion
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Loss of firmness
- Ultra for men
Ultraceuticals has also focused much of its research to sun protection, in part because of the climate and heritage of Australia.
Use of vitamins and antioxidants
One defining feature of Ultraceuticals is their use of vitamins A, C, and antioxidants in their products. Vitamin A products are suitable for people who want to deal with wrinkles and fine lines. They help increase the metabolic activity of skin cells. Vitamin C helps reduce damage due to smoking, sun exposure, and pollution. It can help elastin and collagen in the skin.
Ultraceuticals also uses Green Tea and Vitamin E as antioxidants. Some natural products used include: oat flour, borage oil, aloe extract, bearberry extract, licorice extract, and green tea extract in addition to other ingredients used.
A unique aspect of the company is that it offers consultations. Clients of Ultraceuticals can book Skype, in-person, or online consultations to have a beauty expert tailor their skin treatments to their needs.
In addition to various types of products for skin concerns, there are in-store skin care treatments available. These include:
- Microdermabrasion: this removes dead skin cells from one’s face and promotes collagen synthesis and encourages cell growth. It helps reduce acne scars, deal with sun damage issues, deal with rough texture, and hyperpigmentation. The idea is to reveal a smoother texture and a more even complexion.
- Facial peels: peels help reveal a smoother layer of skin and deal with acne scars, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation. Ultraceuticals has a BHA workout, lactic acid, and glycolic peels.
- Facials: The facials offered at Ultraceuticals are created for those who have sun damage concerns and are suited for those who are interested in revealing smoother skin.
- Ultrasonophresis uses ultrasonic vibrations to treat skin issues. This allows the skin to absorb vitamins and active ingredients at a faster rate.
Ultraceuticals also teaches clients how to use their products properly. The “Ultra Specialist Category” is meant to be used after one’s skin has gotten used to products that have less potency.