What is Microdermabrasion at Home?
Microdermabrasion at home is easy to do with so many wonderful kits and systems that are on the market today. Microdermabrasion at home will give you the youthful glow and radiance that you crave, and will make pores smaller. Skin will become more toned and texture will be improved. Dull skin will be a thing of the past, and oily skin can dry up a bit. Acne can be put on hold with microdermabrasion at home, and scars can be faded.
Microdermabrasion at home involves the process of removing dead skin cells off the skin. In a skin clinic a wand will be used to spray crystals onto the face to attack the dead skin cells, which will then be vacuumed up with the wand. Many are astonished to know that there are kits that are available in stores and online that give the same effects of microdermabrasion at a home level. Some of these kits and systems even come with little wands to use, while others will simply only require the use of the hands to rub the product into the face. The products usually contain scrubs that are abrasive on the skin. Below is a list of some wonderful microdermabrasion at home kits to try out.
List of Microdermabrasion at Home Kits:
- Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System– This product will wake up tired skin and give a fresher complexion. Fine lines and wrinkles are diminished, and tone will be more even. Super gentle to the face that it can be used up to two times weekly.
- Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion set- This kit can be used one to two times weekly, to deliver smaller pores and fresher skin. Follow up with nourishing serum that is provided. Uses the same professional grade crystals that are used by your skin therapist in office.
- Boots No. 7 Microdermabrasion– A low priced version of microdermabrasion that actually works. Reaches deep into the pores to clean them out.
- Kiehl’s Epidermal Retexturizing Microdermabrasion– A microdermabrasion system that was developed with no fragrance or added vitamins. It works well to leave the skin looking new.
On the market, there are also machines that can aid and assist with microdermabrasion at home. While these are more costly than the options listed above, they really do work well with the skin. Here are some wonderful options if you have the extra cash to spend:
- PMD Personal Microderm Device with accessories– This hand held device uses aluminum oxide crystals and will vacuum up the dead skin cells. Device can be used every 6 to 7 days.
- NuBrilliance– This device allows the user to control what setting the device is placed at. Gentle suction action and non-abrasive exfoliation.
- DermaNew Microdermabrasion Acne and Oily Clarifying System– Decongest the skin and refine pores. Use one to two times per week for optimal results.
- RejuvadermMD– A hand held device that offers four levels of exfoliation on the skin. Features a diamond tip that uses no crystals. Use one to two times per week for optimal results. This exfoliation system will remove the top three to five layers of skin. Can be used on the neck, hands, face, feet and other parts of the body.
Other microdermabrasion home remedy treatments
If you would like to try microdermabrasion on the skin, but prefer home remedy treatments, you may opt to try any of the following:
- Baking soda mixed with water to form a paste- Three teaspoons of baking soda and one teaspoon of water make a nice paste. Rub into the face, allow to set for five minutes, then rinse well with water.
- Honey mixed with brown sugar- You can play around with this mixture and decide what works best for you. This mixture can be left on the face for a few minutes to allow it to really work.
- Sea salt and warm water- Three teaspoons of salt to one teaspoon of water. Rub into the face in a circular motion, then rinse with warm water.
- Sugar, salt and olive oil- One tablespoon each of sugar and salt mixed with one half a tablespoon olive oil will give exceptional results.