- Priyanka Chopra
- Scarlett Johansson
- Jessica Alba
- Angelina Jolie
What do these celebrities have in common? Two words: GREAT LIPS.
Unfortunately, not many of us are born with lips that are pouty and attractive enough for inclusion in the list. The good news, however, is that advancement in lip augmentation procedures along with the arrival of newer and better lip fillers mean that adding more zing to those lips has become easier than ever.
Today’s Lip Fillers – The Advantages
While we have seen doctors and surgeons use collagen to augment lips for many years, the substance injection substance has been surpassed by newer technologies which are naturally-occuring acids (unfortunately the TGA doesn’t allow us to name these substances). Its present in the human body – found in the highest concentrations in eye- and joint-fluids.
Also referred to as “Fountain Of Youth,” this same substance found in new lip fillers have been (and continues to be) used to heal the skin’s wounds, burns, and skin ulcers; minimise wrinkles; and lessen joint pain. Here are some of the reasons why this naturally-occuring fillers trump older dermal fillers (like collagen and fat injections) when it comes to lip enhancement:
- Better Control And Precision – Since the amount of lip fillers can be controlled, the doctor or surgeon can also control the amount of volume added to your lips with greater precision.
- You Can Take Your Sweet Time – While it’s possible to perform the whole procedure in one session,you can choose to get the injections gradually through different appointments. It allows you to get the results you desire while keeping a gradual pace.
- Bumps Even Out Easily – After the procedure, movement of your lips can lead to lumps and bumps that spoil the fun. But worry not as these dissolve easily even without your intervention.
- Less Bruising – As mentioned earlier, newer lip-augmenting gels are even to help the skin recover from injuries and as a moisturizer. Thanks to these properties, patients can expect significantly less swelling and bruising compared to older dermal filles.
- Satisfactory And Lasting Results – When it comes to enhancing your lips, lip fillers don’t provide permanent results. The results delivered, however, are reasonably long lasting. It can improve the appearance of your lips by adding volume and evening out its shape and structure, and the effects usually last for up to 6 months. From there, you need more lip fillers and injections to maintain the volume and appearance of your lips.
- Possibilities Of Allergic Reactions Are Remote – Sincemodern-day gel lip fillers uses substances that are very similar to those that the body naturally produces, the risk of triggering an allergic reaction is very minimal. However, that’s not an excuse to skip full disclosure. Whatever surgery you’re about to undergo – cosmetic or otherwise, always inform your chosen surgeon or doctor if you’re allergic to any substance.
The Doctor Is In: What To Expect During A Lip Augmentation Procedure
Lip enhancement procedures that use injectable lip fillers can be carried out in your surgeon’s office while keeping downtime to a minimum. This is one of the reasons why modern lip fillers have almost completely overtaken fat injection (another lip augmentation method) as the latter requires a small area of liposuction – removing from one part of the patient’s body to inject into the lips.
Before injecting the lip filler, your doctor might apply a topical numbing agent to lessen discomfort. In some cases, the surgeon gives injections – like those anesthetic injections you get from the dentist – to completely numb the lips before performing the procedure.
Once the areas to be injected have been carefully marked, the doctor uses extremely fine needles to inject lip fillers into your lips. Following that, ice may be applied to the treated area to further minimise discomfort and keep the swelling down.
Just remember: Do NOT apply firm pressure or use lip products like lip stick after the procedure. Once your lips feel natural again and have completely healed, you’re good to go.
Are You Ready To Get Those Attractive, Celebrity Lips?
There are several qualified practitioner who can perform lip augmentation with dermal fillers. Our practitioners are renowned for achieving only the most natural lip filler looks. You can book your appointment today by calling Advanced Dermatology on 1300 788 800.
However, finding the right professional to perform the procedure is only half of the battle. There are numerous concerns and issues that could get in the way like previous cases of cold sore and blood-clotting problems; allergic reaction to certain substances; medications you might be taking; and the list goes on and on.
You want someone who can carefully and objectively weigh the PROs and CONs. Lip augmentation / lip filler treatment poses real risks, and you want to come out on top of things.
If you’re in Sydney please give us a call or a visit. We’ll be more than happy sit down, talk about your concerns about lip augmentation, and give the best possible advice for your specific situation.