Choosing the Right Sydney Clinic For Microdermabrasion Treatment
Choosing the right clinic for microdermabrasion treatment can be tricky. However, there are ways that you can ensure that you are finding the clinic that is right for you and your needs. You will need to be prepared to do your research to find a clinic that is safe, and meets the guidelines that should be followed by every clinic. Do note that not all microdermabrasion Sydney clinics are created equally. Some cut corners to save the clinic itself some money, but cutting corners is not something that should be tolerated when looking for a clinic that treats the skin, the largest organ of the body.
Visit the Clinic
Here are some things that you will want to do before deciding which microdermabrasion Sydney clinic is the right clinic for you:
- Does the clinic have a positive feeling to it? When you call, is the receptionist polite? Does she seem to know what she is talking about?
- Does the clinic offer consultations? Can you speak with the derma specialist that will be performing your microdermabrasion so you can get a feel for how he or she runs their practice and get the answers to any questions you may have?
- Do they have any testimonials from other clients they can share with you? Do they have references?
- Visit the clinic to get a first impression. Is it clean? Do you feel comfortable there?
- Does the clinic offer financing? Many times financing will often be needed for expensive procedures, or treatments that need multiple rounds.
By performing the above tasks, you can often get a feel for the clinic to give you a good first impression. If for any reason at all, a clinic gives you a bad feeling or something just does not feel right to you, you might want to decide to look for another microdermabrasion Sydney clinic.
Questions to ask
When calling a clinic, see if you can set up a consultation first to meet with the skin professionals that will be performing the microdermabrasion treatment. Many clinics will offer this. At this consultation, be very forward and ask questions. Possible questions to ask are:
- How long have you been practicing?
- What is your medical background in? Are you certified to perform microdermabrasion?
- How many microdermabrasion treatments has he or she performed in the past? Has he or she done any similar treatments?
- Are the clinicians certified skin professionals? Be careful with this one. Many times a clinic might say that they are certified, but are truly not. Look for documentation of this hanging up in the office. Someone that was truly certified would want to show that off!
- Does he or she have any before and after photos they can share with you?
- Does he or she charge for follow up consultations?
- Do you allow anyone to help in the process? If so who, and what sort of background do they have? Are they also certified or what training do they have?
Research the clinics you have picked before you choose one. Ask friends, family and neighbors if they could recommend anyone. Look at reviews online of clinics that you might be interested in. Chances are if the reviews are good, you will more than likely have a great experience with them. However, this does not ensure that the clinic is right for you. Do the research and then call the clinic and ask questions. Always go with your gut feeling on this. Your skin is important, and you should not trust it to just anyone.