We are easily able to extract a high concentration of growth factors by taking a sample of your own blood, processing it immediately, extracting a small amount of clear serum containing these concentrated growth factors and then injecting or infusing it into the area of skin for repair or rejuvenation.
Your trained, experienced medical professional may numb your skin for comfort before moving through the following procedure:
1) Preparation: The treatment area is thoroughly cleansed and prepared.
2) Targeting injections: Your clinician marks the areas on your face that need to be freshened or lifted with a special pencil that wipes away easily.
3) Blood draw: Your clinician takes about 2 teaspoons of blood from your arm, in the same way you would have a regular blood test.
4) Isolating PRP: The drawn blood is placed in a centrifuge for 5 to 10 minutes. This equipment spins the blood at high speed to separate the lighter plasma from the rest of contents of the blood. This isolated platelet rich plasma is “activated” by a special process to begin releasing growth factors that, once injected into the body, will increase collagen production and have other healing effects.
5) Topical anesthesia: If required or requested, your clinician will apply a topical numbing cream to your face to keep you comfortable during your treatment.
6) Injection of PRP: The clinician injects the separated and activated platelet rich plasma back into your face.
7) Repeat: Best results are obtained after about three treatments spaced about a month apart, though a single treatment can be effective for some individuals.
8) Watch and wait: Growth factors contained in the plasma stimulate the release of the skin’s stem cells. The skin is being tricked into believing that it has been injured and must heal itself with new, fresh tissue. This somewhat sneaky process allows the skin to create new collagen, new blood vessels, and new cells. The results will not be immediate, so while you patiently wait a few weeks and even a few months, your skin will begin to transform itself.